Re: Support of gdb for Windows 64 native systems

Joel Brobecker wrote:

I think at this point that the next thing to do is to review carefully
the patch, and evaluate what is needed and what isn't anymore. Then
we can tackle the issue of copyright assignement, and then finally
submit/discuss a new patch.

That is IMHO, the wrong way to do it. The copyright assignment should be resolved first, before everyone looks into the patches. Otherwise, it taints whoever looks at the thread, and inhibits that someone from redoing it from scratch, if the copyright issues end up unresolved doesn't it?

I propose goind the other way around.  Start by adding the needed configury
bits needed, a mingw.mt file, and disabling the cygwin specific bits in
win32-nat.c around #ifdef __CYGWIN__ blocks.  I'd like to keep the
changes mostly in sync with gdbserver/win32-low.c too, but that shouldn't
be a priority.  We can then peacewise enhance the mingw port and bring
its features up.  We can even forget about stdio redirection and
environment passing to the inferior on the first step - that leaves mostly
only path handling to care about - really, look at
gdbserver/win32-low.c (#ifdef USE_WIN32API).

Cheers,
Pedro Alves