Re: Apparent kernel bug with GDB on ppc405

On 10/24/07, Matt Mackall <mpm@selenic.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to debug a trivial statically-linked hello world program on
> a Xilinx PPC 405 and I'm seeing the following behavior:

<snip>

> Any suggestions?

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.ppc.embedded/11202

I was fighting with a similar problem almost 2 years ago.  Looks like
it might be related.  At some point the problem seemed to go away and
I determined what the root cause was.  :-(

I haven't been using gdb lately, so I don't know if it's the same
problem.  Nobody I had talked to had seen the issue on other 405
platforms.  It could very well be something virtex-specific.

That's not much help, but maybe it will give you some clues.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.