Re: Problems while debugging fortran

Hi,

> This is very unclear, since they don't explain what "support"
> refers to. But for people stuck with XLF, if we can improve their
> lives without hurting the rest of GDB, I'm ok with compromising and
> using this attribute value be used to find the main.

I'd like to support this comprise, and I'll note that other compilers
(Intel and Sun, at least) already use this convention.

For the longer term, what do you think is the optimal solution? I'd
like to make gfortran, the Fortran front-end in GCC, do The Right
Thing, but what is it? Should we add this DW_AT_calling_convention tag
for the time being, until the meaning of the DWARF standard is made
clearer?

FX

PS: I might submit patches to GDB in the future. Could someone send me
copyright assignment form? (I already have a GCC assignment, if that
makes any difference)