Re: Memory map with vFlashWrite

Guillaume MENANT wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1 - Is the memory map mandatory for using vFlashXxxx commands ?

Yes. The memory map should come as XML via target -- there's 'mem'
command that can be used to define memory map from gdb side, but
I don't think it can handle flash.

> 2 - If yes, how does it works ? Gdb sends a "qSupported" command, then
> the stub answers with "qXfer:memory-map:read", then Gdb sends a
> "qXfer:memory-map:read::offset,length" and then the stub answers with an
> "l data" ?

Yes.

> 3 - If the process is correct, what values do we use for offset and
> length "qXfer:memory-map:read" command ? Do we send the whole XML file
> in the "l data" reply ?

Who are "we"? GDB generally will try to read data using chunks as bit
as the remote side can handle. The remote side should behave as
specified in the qXfer documentation -- in particular, I don't think
it's allowed to return more data than asked for.

- Volodya