Re: rwatchpoint configuration

> I don't think there is an appropriate configuration knob at present.
>
> Eli, I think I remember you discussing this with someone else, a year
> or two ago; do you remember the reasoning?  If the watchpoint's type
> is "only trigger on reads", then core GDB assuming it triggers on all
> accesses seems problematic to me.

In this thread:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2005-11/msg00251.html

Eli mentions that "If someone finds a way to announce a read
watchpoint when the value changed on a target that supports that,
without losing support for read watchpoints on x86 (which is by far
the most popular platform these days), I'll gladly agree to such a
change"

So I guess the question really is if there has been an update to this.

-Siva