Re: rwatchpoint configuration

> Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:59:39 -0800
> From: "Siva Velusamy" <siva.velusamy@gmail.com>
>
> In this thread:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2005-11/msg00251.html
>
> Eli mentions that "If someone finds a way to announce a read
> watchpoint when the value changed on a target that supports that,
> without losing support for read watchpoints on x86 (which is by far
> the most popular platform these days), I'll gladly agree to such a
> change"
>
> So I guess the question really is if there has been an update to this.

For now, you could try a workaround: put two watchpoints on the same
expression: one an rwatch (the one you wanted), the other a write
watchpoint whose `commands' say just "continue".  This should cause GDB
to note the changed value when it is written into the variable(s), so
when the rwatch triggers it will see the known value and stop.

Please see if this works for you.  If it doesn't, please tell more
details.