Backtrace command fails

Guys,

   I have configured gdb for powerpc-linux. I am getting a strange problem
with the stack backtrace command.

The backtrace command works for most of the cases, except when an exception has occurred and the stack has been switched to some other
memory location. In this case, the backtrace command fails with
following error (at exactly the same point where the stack has been
switched)
Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC.

However, when I look for PC in the stack frame, there is a valid PC
in the frame. I am not able to understand, why the backtrace command
fails ? Is this is a bug in gdb ? Is anyone aware of the possible
reason for this?

I also want to tell that the command to print the stack which is
written on my tareget system  works fine. This command simply finds
out the fp and saved pc and prints their values.

thanks a
lot for any help in advance.

      Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups