Re: stop-on-solib-events and Cygwin (or MinGW)

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 09:01:44AM -0800, Gordon Prieur wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I've just added support to the NetBeans gdb module for breakpoints
> set in shared libraries explicity dlopened (as apposed to shared libraries
> linked at link time). I'm using stop-on-solib-events to do this, and it
> works
> fine on both Solaris and Linux.

Why do you need to do this?  i.e. what are you doing with breakpoints
that current versions of GDB don't handle for you?  (There may be a
good reason, I'm just curious what it is.)

>    However, if I set this property on Windows I don't get stopped after
> my dlopen/dlclose calls. Is there any way (on Windows) to make this
> feature work? The alternative is to provide a complete 2nd implementation
> for Windows (based on stopping in dlopen, calling "finish", and comparing
> info share from before and after). Since stack information isn't always
> reliable on Windows, I'm concerned this method won't be very reliable.
>
>    Are there technical reasons why stop-on-solib-events doesn't work on
> Windows? Or is it just unimplemented on that platform? Would I see the
> same behavior on Vista?

It's just unimplemented.  However, you might want to try a current CVS
snapshot.  I think it should work now that Pedro switched win32 over
to XML-based libraries.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery