Re: stop-on-solib-events and Cygwin (or MinGW)

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 09:41:15AM -0800, Gordon Prieur wrote:
> Its customer driven. In NetBeans, breakpoints persist outside of a gdb
> session.
> The simplified scenario I'm using in my test cases contains 2 files,
> main.c and
> shared.c (shared.c builds into a dll). If I link main.c with the shared
> library then
> when I start debugging main, all breakpoints in shared.c are active.
>
> If I don't link the dll into main but explicitly dlopen it, the
> breakpoints aren't
> active unless I set them after the dlopen.

That sounds like a bug in GDB.  We need a test case.  Actually, it
sounds like win32/2369.  Anyway, there is no reason this should not
work from GDB without your having to do anything special.

> Will this be part of gbd 6.8?

Yes.

> From my point of view, its only fixed when
> I can
> recommend a specific version of Cygwin and/or MinGW to my customers. Even
> then, I'll need to support legacy versions without this feature. So even
> if its
> fixed, I think I'll need to maintain my alternate Windows implementation for
> a while.

If you don't want to ship your own GDB, or require a new release,
then we can't help you with GDB bugs - if you find a time machine
sitting around somewhere, do let me know :-)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery