Re: New MI maintainer

 > One of the qualities we look for in a maintainer is the ability to keep
 > a level head, and to tone down the flames rather than escalate when the
 > situation is difficult. As we know from bitter experience, technical
 > ability and knowledge is not sufficient. Nick, this kind of accusation
 > is precisely the sort of thing that we want to keep out of the GDB
 > development process - if there were fencesitters on the issue before
 > now, do you think that your public insinuation of bad faith and
 > incompetence is going to cause them to regard you more favorably?

I have certainly done myself no favours and did not intend to so.  However, to
not allow the suggestion of a conflict of interest would certainly provide
cover for those who wish to abuse positions of trust.  Others, can presumably
decide for themselves whether those suggestions have validity or not.

 > while I don't myself expect an apology, you should think more about your
 > goals and how you are most likely to achieve them.

It looks like I won't be able to achieve them so I should probably set
new goals.

 > As for the decision process not being open, I note that almost nobody
 > volunteers to have their job performance reviews and salary history be
 > put out  in public. But if a wouldbe maintainer were to do that, I
 > suggest that the SC have the discussion about that person in public as well.

No, but for Daniel alone, to just announce out of the blue that Vladimir is
now MI maintainer, you must admit, comes over as a bit of a stitch up.