Re: Using dlopen and remote debugging

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:03:09AM -0300, Dr. Rolf Jansen wrote:
> In my case this was impossible. The remote machine happened to run
> Windows XP and the host Mac OS X. I found no way to let Mac OS X
> understand a full path like "C:\path\to\my\exe\and\dll. I needed to patch
> gdbserver. In the latest CVS version I changed server.c beginning at line
> 528 to:

Then just set solib-search-path; GDB will look up the basenames.
There is an additional wrinkle involving path separators, since GDB
is likely to think that is bare filename and not a full path.  But it
should be fixed on the GDB side, not on the target side.  This one's
been discussed a few times recently.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery