Tracepoints functionality for local targets

Hello,

Is there some work planned for the working of the tracepoints for
local targets? While going through the source code, I realized that
currently this facility is only for remote targets.
In case nothing is planned, can I have some guidance on how to achieve
this. I think that it could be a good enhancement to debug
multi-threaded programs on the local host.

Regards
Lokesh Gupta