Re: cp-name-parser.y

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Sorry, that's not what I meant.  Any symbol is in one particular
anonymous namespace when we print it out.  So we could print out
which anonymous namespace it's in.
Oh, ok. Now I see what you meant.

So the easiest solution may be to ignore "(anonymous namespace)::" during symbol lookup.

A workaround you could try would be to use quoted symbol names.
Does this work?

-var-create - * "'(anonymous namespace)::foobar'"

That worked. Thanks.

I will follow up with this, since it looks like there are other issues for the IDE. In particular, there seems to be quite a few cases where gdb can not parse forms printed by 'ptype'/'whatis'. I see mi equivalent is not implemented yet so maybe this should be taken into account then.