Re: Gnats

>> In related news, who thinks we should bite the bullet and migrate to
>> the sourceware bugzilla installation?

Joel> Perhaps I don't use the current bugs database enough to see the
Joel> problems that come with it.

The gnats web interface has some annoying problems, that's for sure.
Also, some simple operations cannot be done.  For instance, you can't
easily mark a bug as a duplicate.

Joel> But I think whether the switch will be useful or not
Joel> depends on how much resources we would have available to monitor the
Joel> contents of the database. Right now, it feel like very little effort is
Joel> spent using the current bugs database, and so a switch wouldn't bring
Joel> much benefit.

Today I went through 1/2 to 2/3 of the bugs, looking for dead stuff.
There was less than I thought, but still a bit.  Also there are a few
relatively straightforward patches that have been sitting there
unviewed -- not to mention bigger, useful stuff like the 'try/except'
patch.

I agree that changing bug systems will only have a minimal effect, if
any, on this sort of thing.  So, consider this a plea for a bit more
attention to the bug database from maintainers :)

Tom