Re: Backspace problem on GDB

José Tomás Eterovic wrote:

> I'm using gdb 6.3.0.0-1.132.EL4rh, and when I press the backspace key
> (trying to delete the left character) I'm deleting the complete word
> to my left, anyone has an idea about what's going on here and how can
> I fix that?

Do you have something strange in $HOME/.inputrc or /etc/inputrc?  gdb
uses the readline library for interactive input and those are the config
files it reads at startup.  If you do have either or both of them try
temporarily moving/renaming them away and see if the problem goes away.
It is a little strange that this wouldn't happen in other apps though,
because e.g. bash also uses readline.

Brian