Re: XFAIL vs. KFAIL

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 08:55:55PM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hmm, it appears that at least MI testsuite routinely uses XFAIL for what is
> a GDB issue/limitation.

KFAIL is relatively new.  What I mean by that is it's about five years
old, but the MI testsuite is older.

Most of the XFAILs in the testsuite are bogus at this point.

> Is the distinction really useful? Both seem to be a mechanism to "hide"
> failures that are known to be immediately fixeable, and exact description
> of the problem belongs to a comment, anyway.

No, that's exactly what XFAIL isn't for.  We use XFAIL for problems
that we can't fix, like known bugs in versions of GCC or Linux or HP-UX.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery