Watchpoint conditions broken?

Hi,

when trying out a new version of GDB, we run a set of DSF JUnit tests to make sure
DSF interfaces with the new GDB properly.  Those tests are pretty detailed in their
attempt to exercise gdb functionality.

When running those tests with gdb 6.8, I found a failure with watchpoint conditions
which use to work in gdb 6.7

I tried to investigate, but I couldn't figure out where the watchpoint condition
was actually checked after the watchpoint was hit...  Or are hardware watchpoints
not supposed to be triggered at all, if the condition is not satisfied?

Below is a very small tests that shows the problem.
This is not normal, right?

Thanks

> gdb a.out
Wed Apr  9 16:20:30 EDT 2008
GNU gdb 6.8
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) l 1
1       int j;
2
3       int foo(int i)
4       {
5           j=i;
6           if (j==1)
7               j=2;
8           else
9             j=3;
10          return j;
(gdb)
11      }
12
13      int main() {
14          foo(1);
15          foo(2);
16      }
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8048447: file watch.cc, line 14.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /local/home/lmckhou/testing/a.out

Breakpoint 1, main () at watch.cc:14
14          foo(1);
(gdb) watch j if j==3
Hardware watchpoint 2: j
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Hardware watchpoint 2: j

Old value = 0
New value = 1          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< why did it stop here?
foo (i=1) at watch.cc:6
6           if (j==1)
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Hardware watchpoint 2: j

Old value = 1
New value = 2
0x08048423 in foo (i=1) at watch.cc:7
7               j=2;
(gdb) p j
$1 = 2

(gdb) info b
Num     Type           Disp Enb Address    What
1       breakpoint     keep y   0x08048447 in main at watch.cc:14
        breakpoint already hit 1 time
2       hw watchpoint  keep y              j
        stop only if j==3
        breakpoint already hit 2 times
==
Marc Khouzam