Re: GDB MI Interface

Lokesh Kumar wrote:
Hi all,

I want to use the GDB MI interface to communicate with gdb in the
backend of my software. Surprisingly, the current information on this
topic is very less on the web. So I thought of turning to the gdb
community itself. I had the following questions to ask -

1. Does the parser for MI output already exists ?

No. You need to write your own.

2. Are there some frontends debugger that are using this ? As far as I
know, the ddd and kdb both use the CLI option.

The NetBeans C/C++ gdb module uses gdb/mi.

3. Has there been any documentation on how to use gdb-MI. The current
documentation is, as they say, like a reference manual.

Chapter 25 of the gdb manual (http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_25.html)
describes the interface.

Gordon

Thanks in advance,