Debug Symbols from GDB Server

I want to debug an application that is running remotely. My problem is
that I don't have a copy of the symbol's file at the client, just on the
host. I am also not able to use the command "remote get targetfile
hostfile".

Does anyone know how to retrieve the debug symbols (and load the
symbols' tables) from the target by GDB server?

Thanks.
Vinicius Pinto