Re: "Invalid remote reply: n"

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
I think you are confused about how Insight works. It does not run a
separate GDB binary. Everything it needs is built in to the Insight
binary.
I was indeed... I recently came to know that the Insight executable contains both the GUI stuff as well as GDB. The confusion was caused because the "make install" makes different executables, mips2_fp_le-insight.exe and mips2_fp_le-gdb.exe being two of them.

But then I saw the sizes of those binaries were exactly the same. A silly test (removing the file mips2_fp_le-gdb.exe) proved that Insight is indeed a "stand alone" executable. It doesn't need other things, apart from the necessary tcl/tk libs...
This error means that you are using the FSF GDB sources, not the
MontaVista GDB sources. If you want to build insight yourself,
build gdbserver too.
Well, I solved the problem by looking what patches MontaVista has applied to their GDB. Doing the same changes in Insight was solving the issue.

Thanks for your time, Daniel!

Best rgds,

--Geert