Re: Disabling sysroot

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 09:34:02AM -0400, Marc Khouzam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the doc it says:
>
>    If you want to use `solib-search-path' instead of
> `sysroot', be sure to set `sysroot' to a nonexistent directory to prevent GDB
> from finding your host's libraries.
>
> Is there a recommended way to turn off sysroot?
> I can set it to something like /what/are/the/odds/of/this/dir/actually/existing
> But it is not very elegant.

I use /dev/null, which will never be a directory.

There's no way to disable sysroot; setting it to empty is the same as
not setting it at all, i.e. use the host's libraries.

> Or is setting sysroot to anything not starting with a / sufficient?

A relative path may be a valid sysroot; GDB will search from its
current directory (there's no special check for absolute paths).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery