What do I need to look at the source while debugging?

Hi, ALL,
First a question: Is there anybody that using Gentoo + Portage?

And now to the problem:

I have a Gentoo box installed. On it I have a GNOME with KDevelop,
wxGTK, unixODBC and gdb. GNOME, KDevelop and gdb installed through
Portage. wxGTK is hand compiled and installed.
I installed unixODBC-2.2.12 using following:

'PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/home/igor FEATURES="noclean keepwork" emerge unixODBC'

Then I change permissions on the /home/igor/portage/dev-db directory
to make it accessible to my user 'igor'.
Next, I started KDevelop, open the file /home/igor/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/work/unixODBC-2.2.12/Drivers/SQLConfigDataSource.c (it did open fine).
I put a breakopint in that function, and started my program.
At this point I received following message:

no file named /home/igor/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/work/unixODBC-2.2.12/Drivers/SQLConfigDataSource.c.

No my questions are:
1. What else is required in order to follow through the source code?
2. Do I have to run the program from the unixODBC source directory?
3. Maybe I just need to change a permissions/ownership of the source tree
of unixODBC files?

Thank you.