Re: Trouble with gdb 6.8 on Irix

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> I think that GDB on mips-irix has been in dire need of attention.
> It's something I have on my list and I hope to get to it by the end
> of the year, but my hopes often get overridden by more urgent issues...
> The release that AdaCore uses in its product is GDB 5.3 (very old now,
> I know).

If you care about GDB on mips-irix, I strongly advise caring about GCC as
well, or finding someone to care about it.  Right now, it is on the list
of targets to be deprecated in GCC 4.4 because we wish to remove fixproto
and it is one of the few targets still using fixproto (so someone would
need to stop it from using fixproto, and make fixincludes do any necessary
fixes fixproto does at present for this target).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com