Re: MI threads behaviour

Marc Khouzam wrote:
The =thread-selected notification, in this case, should be interpreted to
mean:
(1) User's request that the selected thread be changed, and
(2) Notification that GDB current thread has changed
The (2) trait does not matter if --thread is used, but in this case the
frontend need to use this information to figure if -thread-select should be
sent.

Here, I believe there is a race condition. In the example you give above with
two windows, one window could send a CLI command changing the thread, but
the second window may send an MI command, before receiving the
=thread-selected notification and will act on the wrong thread.
I don't see how we could fix this.
Or maybe I misunderstood your explanation?
Hi Marc,
I seem to remember that we talked about the fact that there is a race condition and decided that it is unavoidable. Our proposed workaround was to force the client to wait for the result of each CLI command before issuing another CLI or MI command. This is certainly inconvenient, but given the fact that it only applies to CLI commands, it should not have a performance impact.

Cheers,
Pawel