Re: proposed extension for jtag debugging

I'd very much like to hear about this as it sounds similar to what I have done. I added a target to the "mips" code to directly control a JTAG cable connected to a PC parallel port. It did not use gdbserver. As an aside, I also use GDB to control a "C" based emulator and a VHDL based simulator.

Since then, I have been looking into using gdbserver so I won't have
to apply patches to GDB...  I'm also hoping that since gdbserver is
a separate process, some of the control issues that arise when trying
to control a separate VHDL simulator may be more easy handled...

Thanks,

Ed Hepler

VLSI Concepts offers synthesizable processor cores for embedded control
applications...  See our standard products and ask about customization...
Dr. Edward L. Hepler
  President,                     Adjunct Professor,
  VLSI Concepts, Inc.            Villanova University Graduate Courses:
    VLSI and System                  ECE-8440 System Design and Modeling
      Architecture, Design,          ECE-8445 Advanced Computer Architecture
      and CAD                        ECE-8460 VLSI Design

email:  hepler@vlsi-concepts.com or  elh@ece.villanova.edu
mobile: (484) 459-1126
www:    http://www.vlsi-concepts.com     Read: I Cor 8:6