Re: Address spaces

Doug Evans wrote:
It would be useful to have proper address spaces for non-multi-process
situations too. At the moment all one can do is hack in bits to
unused parts of the address (assuming such bits are available ...).
[I'm sure this isn't news. Just saying there are multiple reasons for
addresses being more than just the CORE_ADDR of today, and if we solve
one, let's at least consider the others too.]
Do you have some specific ideas in mind? Because I was assuming (and this is good to be aware of) that there would not be more than one address space associated with a process. (Instantly split I/D targets a la D10V come to mind, although that was handled by distinguishing pointers from addresses.)

Stan