Query regarding GDB-Mi interface

We have a debugging front end which uses gdb-6.6 We were using annotations till now but
as annotations have been made obsolete we are shifting to MI interpreter. I have a few queries regarding MI.

1) Why few commands are still un implemented like attach, info program etc. Is there any plan to support them.

2) Is there any way to stop the MI interpreter like we have with annotations (set annotate 0 whenever we wish to do so).

3) We need 'info line *addr' command when we are shifting to MI from annotations. I have been doing few changes in
the gdb source code to get this information (source file and line number), however annotations have this information.
I would like to know is there any known issue due to which this command has not been implemented.

4) In the gdb manual I can see that 'call' command in gdb is equivalent to '-data-evaluate-expression' in MI. But with
annotations, the 'call' command sequence is as follows :: ^z^z starting
--->> do the call command functionality
^z^z stopped

However, with MI, we are not getting the 'running' and 'stopped' tokens.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Pankaj Pal