Re: gdb plugin status?

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 12:36 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Neo> I just build it. Is there any example to use this plugin? Can I source
> Neo> in a python script?
>
> There are a couple examples in the gdb or gdb-patches list archives.
> Here's one I happen to have right away:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2008-03/msg00201.html
>
> We do need more examples, and a standard library of scripts.
>
> Neo> BTW, would it be better to change the python prompt to ">>>"?
>
> You mean when entering a multi-line 'python' script?
> Either way is fine by me.

That script is a little bit outdated in two ways:

1. Some of the gdb.Frame methods had slight name changes since then;
2. The kludge it uses to create a gdb command tied to a python script is
not necessary anymore, there's a proper command interface now.

But it's a good starting point nevertheless.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann