Re: gdb supported on powerpc-apple-darwin ?

Mario Emmenlauer wrote:

Hi,

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 04:44:57PM +0200, Mario Emmenlauer wrote:
it seems a rather trivial question, however I could not easily find
the answer: is 'plain' FSF gdb supported on Mac OS X (ppc darwin)?

No. That's what this means:

*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
bfd opcodes gdb sim

Fair enough :-)

BTW: the error message appears just after invoking configure, and is
not re-displayed later. This is why I missed it the first time. When
the 'gdb' directory is not supported, it might be sensible to show a
big warning at the configure results?
The same configure script is used for binutils, ld, and many other things, so it's not going to work to single out gdb in the warning message. In theory one could customize the configure script to say different things depending on whether it is part of a gdb release, binutils release, etc, but that would be quite a bit more work for a situation that is nearly unique to Darwin.

Stan