Re: qXfer:libraries:read

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 04:24:17PM -0500, Gabe Black wrote:
> My target has support for the qXfer:libraries:read packet and reports
> it in the qSupported packet.  However gdb never uses it (i.e. info
> share) except for the HEAD version of gdb compiled with mingw.  On
> linux it doesn't send the packet but it will send the Z-packet.  Mingw
> will send the qXfer:libraries:read packet but it won't send the
> Z-packet.  I have expat installed on both the linux systems and mingw
> since I see in the documentation gdb requires it to use the
> qXfer:libraries:read packet.

It sounds like your target is neither mingw nor Linux.  You need to
teach GDB a certain amount about a target system; for instance, unless
the current target architecture says "I use a list of target-reported
libraries", GDB won't ask for one.  You'll need your own tdep file;
they're pretty simple to write, since you can crib off of existing
ones.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery