Re: Single stepping and "no line information"

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Stefano Sabatini
<stefano.sabatini-lala@poste.it> wrote:

> I'm debugging an application which use a shared lib.
>
> That library has been compiled on my system, and I added to the CFLAGS
> used the -ggdb -O0 flags, so I'm quite sure that lib should contain
> the source line symbol informations.
>
> Nonetheless when I try to step into the library functions I get:
>
> (gdb) s
> Single stepping until exit from function su_clone_start,
> which has no line number information.

What is the name of that shared library and what does 'info shared' say?

> Why gdb can't find the source line informations?

Not enough info to tell yet.

> How can I verify (e.g. with a commandline tool) wether that
> information is present directly analyzing the library files?

readelf -w /path/to/shlib then look for "Line Number Statements"
corresponding to su_clone_start.

Cheers,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov