Re: core dump when watchpoint set

Robert Norton wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: gdb-owner@sourceware.org
[mailto:gdb-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Michael Snyder
Sent: 09 September 2008 23:10
To: Joel Sherrill
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: core dump when watchpoint set

Hmmm, yeah, a null value is being passed up, resulting in
a null type being sent to value_type, which dereferences it
without null-checking.

And in fact, the current source (breakpoint.c) does check
b->val != NULL before it makes the corresponding call.

So you can expect that this is fixed.

In fact I fixed exactly this bug in our 6.8 port this week by applying this patch:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-02/msg00472.html

Thank you.  I can confirm it fixes the issue when used with psim
as well.

Ralf.. could you add this patch to the RTEMS gdb 6.8 set? Thanks.
Robert

  Support Available             (256) 722-9985