Re: automated trace output with gdb

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 10:45 -0700, Edward Peschko wrote:

> I'd be glad to contribute, but I'm not sure I know the infrastructure
> of gdb well enough to do it correctly. Any pointers on what would be
> involved in making a change like this?

Hi Ed,

Key resources for developers that should help you are

- the GDB Internals document (gdb/doc/gdb.texinfo in the distribution,
or online at sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdbint_toc.html

- the GDB IRC channel #gdb on irc.freenode.net, port 6667 (lots of
helpful developers to answer your questions live)

- the GDB Wiki at sourceware.org/gdb/wiki

I wrote an application note on porting GDB, which you may find useful
for an overview of the internals at www.embecosm.com/download/ean3.html
(also on the GDB Wiki).

HTH,

Jeremy