Re: gdbserver ptrace not doing waitpid after attaching to threads?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 01:13:15PM -0800, Doug Evans wrote:
> Why isn't gdbserver waiting for a SIGSTOP after attaching to threads?

It's supposed to be.  At one point it definitely was, though it might
have broken recently and been saved by luck.  We attached the thread
but did not mark it stopped

> I've run gdbserver under strace and see that gdbserver is essentially doing
> ptrace (ATTACH), ptrace (SETOPTIONS), ptrace (GETREGS) on threads
> with no intervening waitpid.

Is this current source?  A vaguely current kernel?  It shouldn't be
doing any ATTACH; instead it should be trusting SETOPTIONS to deliver
new threads to it via wait.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery