Re: Discussing the next GDB release (GDB 7.0?)

El jue, 15-01-2009 a las 10:16 -0700, Tom Tromey escribiÃ:
> As a "stretch" goal we could consider support for new commands and
> parameters implemented in Python, or convenience functions.  I think
> that code is also reasonably mature, useful, and independent from the
> other Python bits.

I'd like to see those in as well. My concern is that supporting creation
of new commands and functions without exposing useful bits of GDB to
Python would be of limited usefulness... That's why I was thinking of
submitting other patches first like frames, symbols, blocks etc (though
I concede they may need some reshaping or polishing first).

To start small, submitting a patch for frame support and convenience
functions would already allow implementation of $caller_is... What do
you think?

--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann