Re: google summer of code

Hi,
The guys at Nmap preferred to apply for "Feature Creepers and Bug
Wranglers" positions in order to have some students to work on lots of
small bugs instead of one big project. I also read that, this method
was pretty successful closing about 100 bugs in one summer. A similar
approach can be taken in order to reduce the bug count in
bugzilla(current 1365!, 52 of them for 6.8)

Another thing is, the coding begins on May 23 and according to the
release schedule gdb is planning its next release 15 days after that.
Those days might be rough for students assuming that the mentors will
be in a bug fixing/testing/documentation hurry and won't spend enough
time with their students. On the other hand(according to the release
schedule again), the students will have about 1 year after the summer
perfecting their implementations before the next-next(7.x?)
release(even though doing so is not obligatory).

Thiago > 3. Support pipes in the run command (this may be too small for a GSoC);

I'm planning to spend some nights on this before GSoC starts.

Tom > I already got email off-list about this one :)

Now you have an on-list one :)

Regards,
Oguz