Re: [GSOC] Question about the "Support tracepoints in gdbserver"

Hi,

El jue, 19-03-2009 a las 18:32 +0800, Yu Ziyu escribiÃ:
> Hello, I'm a student interested in the gsoc2009 project "Support
> tracepoints in gdbserver".
> My question is there any further dispcription on this project?

I wrote the Ideas page, including that bullet point, but I'm afraid I
can't help much. I just copied that item from the ProjectIdeas page,
perhaps someone else will know?

I can only point you to GDB's manual:

http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_toc.html

In particular, look at chapter 11 - Tracepoints, D. 6 - Tracepoint
Packets and E - The GDB Agent Expression Mechanism. I believe gdbserver
doesn't support any of that, thus the project would probably be about
implementing the features described in those chapters...

> Besides, I wonder whether this is the right place to ask questions about
> gsoc?

Yes, you're welcome to ask about GDB-related GSoC ideas here.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann