Re: Problem on cygwin with new wchar_t printing support via iconv()

Roland> My cygwin 1.5.25 installation comes with libiconv 1.11. For my gdb
Roland> intree tests I used libiconv 1.12.

Actually, it occurred to me today that the in-tree libiconv is only
used if there is no iconv already available.  So, I think even in this
case gdb is picking up the cygwin libiconv.

Could you try a simple test?  Run gdb on your program, evaluate
'set target-wide-charset UCS-2', and then 'print L"abcd"'.

Does that work?  Or hang?

If it works, can you make it hang with some other string?
Or do you know the contents of the wchar_t* in the backtrace that
makes it hang?

Also, I can tell you how to hack gdb's configure to really try
libiconv 1.12.  That would determine whether we are seeing a libiconv
bug.  Would you mind trying this?

Tom