[rfc][python] multi-process assumptions for Inferior API

Hi,

I'm working on a Python API for manipulating GDB inferiors. I'd like to
submit it to gdb-patches by the end of the week, right now I'm half-way
through. It will basically follow Tromey's suggestion here (I won't work
on the events part for now, though):

http://sourceware.org/ml/archer/2008-q4/msg00430.html

In particular, I'm following Tromey's goals, such as:

* It ought to keep working once gdb moves to multi-process.  E.g., the
  current "gdb.threads" stuff is not super in this regard (IMO).

So I'd appreciate some insight from the multi-process wizards. I'm
working with the following assumptions:

- There's only one selected frame, even with multiple threads and
  multiple inferiors.

- There's such a thing as a selected thread, which is the thread
  containing the selected frame. Change the selected thread, and the
  selected frame necessarily changes too.

- There's such a thing as a selected inferior, which is the inferior
  containing the selected thread. Change the selected inferior, and the
  selected thread and selected frame necessarily change too.

Are they correct?
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann