Re: gcc - gdb compatibility issue

> Joel ... Is there a way that i can avoid location lists generated by
> my  compiler and i am using DWARF 2

Not as far as I know. When we discovered that GDB 5.3 wasn't handling
them very well (if at all, actually, I can't remember the symptoms
anymore), we found that the fastest change until we could switch
to a more recent debugger was to hack the compiler to avoid their
generation. Olivier Hainque made the change, it was relatively
localized.

I suspect upgrading the debugger is going to be a lot easier than
hacking the compiler.  That being said, location lists are not
necessarily the actual cause of your specific issue. It would be
hard to tell without debugging the debugger itself.

--
Joel