Re: corelow and threads question

On Friday 05 June 2009 20:40:23, Aleksandar Ristovski wrote:

> I am inclined to think that core_ops is the right way to go;
> at which point should I do a "push_target" in that case?

It is not the "right" way to go.  It will work for a native
nto gdb, but it is not acceptable for mainline.  The core debugging
support should work on cross configurations too.  If you have
anything core support related that depends on the host where gdb was
configured, you have a design bug.  With such a hack, a
multi-arch nto gdb breaks when debugging cores from other
architectures (your core_ops overrides will kick in, although
the core being debugged isn't nto).  A multi-arch gdb
(e.g., --enable-targets=all) on e.g., a linux host, wouldn't
be  able to cross debug nto cores the same as a native
nto gdb, as it would miss the overrides.

--
Pedro Alves