Re: gdbserver on sh4

Hello all,

Hi,

Paul Mundt wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:02:38AM +0200, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>
>> Paul Mundt wrote:

>>> The sanest thing really is just to throw the DSP state in to the thread
>>> struct as we do with the FPU, and kill off all of the special DSP state
>>> handling we have today. It costs us a thread flag to do lazy context
>>>

>> I just send a patch that put the dsp state in the thread struct
>>

> You sent a patch that cached the enable/disable state in the thread
> struct, not the register state. ;-)
>

>>> switching, but it's worth it to get that crap out of the regular
>>> register
>>> save/restore paths, which is just way too fragile, and has not seen any
>>> real maintenance since SH3-DSP.
>>>

>> So move the save/restore part of the dsp in private data of task and do
>> like
>> mips?
>>

> Yes.

Ok, I will try to provide a new patch to move out the dsp save/restore
part from the
stack and move all on the thread privata data.

I am currently facing the same problem that is described in this thread,
also on sh4.
Michael did you provide a kernel patch to fix this? If possible, how could I
help you?

Damien