Re: Learn function name by its address

Nick Roberts wrote:

> -symbol-info-symbol
> ^error,msg="Undefined mi command: symbol-info-symbol (missing implementation)"
> (gdb)
>
> This is one of many GDB/MI commands that are described in the manual but not
> implemented, presumably because no-one has found a need for them.  Such
> commands have:

Indeed.

> For Emacs, I think that it is not necessary to give symbol information in
> the memory contents buffer but just the addresses and values.

Seems like I'd have to issue dozens of `-symbol-info-symbol` commands to
get symbol information for addresses of the whole memory page shown in
memory buffer, one for each memory row, so it's hardly worth
implementing anyways due to possible overhead.

> The user should be able to specify a symbol as input

Sure, gdb-mi.el already has this.
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru