Problem with ddd and source file visibility

Hello,

I am having a problem using ddd: I cant seem to fix the source file
visibility in ddd.

here is the situation...

I have a project made up of the following components:
- library A in its own directory where source files are split in src and inc
directories
- library B in its own directory where source files are split in src and inc
directories
- the program itself in its own directory where source files are split in in
src and inc directories.

When I debug the executable file I can correctly see the main file (which is
part of the program) and it can debugged fine, until I try to step into a
function listed in library A.

If I open the "Open Source" Dialog, I can see the files being part of the
program, then I can see some header files of library A, but I cant see any
of the source files of library A.

I tried to add the directory both using the gdb 'directory' command from gdb
prompt, and  the 'GDB Settings' dialog box of DDD; nevertheless source files
for library A are nowhere to be seen :(

If I try to list a function defined in library A using 'list <FunctionName>'
here is the result:
No line number information available for address 0x.....

As far as I know both executables and libraries have been compiled using the
-ggdb option.

Is there anybody who could give me some hints on how to detect the problem?

If you need additional feel free to ask.

thanks in advance

Have a Nice Day