Re: Need to understand GDB internals .

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 15:30 +0530, Diptopal Basu wrote:

> I am a newbie to GDB and need to understand GDB internals especially
> breakpoints and byte code internals implementation  . How to get

Hi Diptopal,

There's an internals manual in the gdb/doc subdirectory of the source
code which should be your starting point. It's also online here:

        http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdbint_toc.html

There's the GDB Wiki with all sorts of goodies for developers:

        http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/

(Shameless self-plug :-). I've written a couple of application notes on
porting GDB and how the GDB Remote Serial Protocol works:

        http://www.embecosm.com/download/ean3.html
        http://www.embecosm.com/download/ean4.html

There's this mailing list, and also the gdb-patches mailing list, which
is a good way to see how developers go about modifying the system.

Finally there's the GDB IRC chat: #gdb on irc.freenode.net, port 6667.
Always a helpful expert there whenever I get stuck.

HTH,

Jeremy

--
Tel:      +44 (1590) 610184