Re: Simics & reverse execution

Jakob Engblom wrote:

The key thing for me was to explain that the time scope of the reversible run is
potentially larger than what any particular gdb-remote connection sees: i.e., it
is nice if gdb would accept backing into "before it was attached" logically, and
not assume too much control over the reversing in itself.

If I understand you correctly, I think there's no problem.

You want to be able to reverse-continue to a point in the execution history that is earlier than when gdb attached -- right?

Should be ok -- gdb doesn't really 'know' anything special
about the point in "time" when it attached.

And that a probe for reversibility in gbd-remote would be a worthwhile addition
to the protocol.

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe a 'q' query? "qReverse", maybe?