Re: Build question

> From: Danny Backx <danny.backx@scarlet.be>
> Cc: tromey@redhat.com, gdb@sourceware.org
> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:52:26 +0200

> > > Also right, but it looks like it doesn't take much to make it just work.
> >
> > I think they need to be converted to run-time tests instead.  For
> > that, we would probably need some kind of primitive that returns the
> > filesystem type of the target, what the macros do now at compile-time.
>
> That doesn't look right.
>
> I am building i386-mingw32ce-gdb (or arm-mingw32ce-gdb). The targets
> specified are Windows CE based, so they all have this "DOS BASED" file
> system. So why test this at run time ?

I thought the intent was to make it possible to have targets that use
``DOS-based'' filesystems and targets that use Posix filesystems in
the same session.  GDB does support different targets in the same
session, right?

If you want a version that targets only one, then yes, some suitable
change in the macros will do what you want.