Re: Build question

>>>>> "Danny" == Danny Backx <danny.backx@scarlet.be> writes:

Danny> I am building i386-mingw32ce-gdb (or arm-mingw32ce-gdb). The targets
Danny> specified are Windows CE based, so they all have this "DOS BASED" file
Danny> system. So why test this at run time ?

IIUC, the problem is that gdb doesn't really differentiate between
target file names and host file names.  This matters because some things
are searched for on the host but some on the target.

If you want to always define HAVE_DOS_BASED_FILE_SYSTEM, I guess that is
possible.  It is hard to picture when that would be appropriate for CVS
GDB, though, due to --enable-targets=all.

If you don't want to mix different kinds of file names, then could you
further explain this note?

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2009-08/msg00160.html

It looks to me that the "good" scenario here mixes Unix-like and
DOS-like filenames, but I don't understand that.

Tom