Re: Manually checking build id in elf files

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:45:32 +0200, Alex Bennee wrote:
> My version is:
> $ eu-readelf --version
> readelf (Red Hat elfutils) 0.131

This version should already have the build-id support.

> Which makes me wonder why gdb is allowing the load of the symbol file given:

Explicit `symbol-file' command will load it as it can load arbitrary file for
the symbols.  Automatic finding of the associated separate debug info files
(find_separate_debug_file) ignores any files with non-matching build-id or
CRC32.

> 1. There seems to be no build ID

Yes, I think your mail has nothing to do with build-id.

> 2. The CRC in the library doesn't match the CRC of the library.debug

In the Bug it is shown libc has correct CRC32 but libcairo does not.

Regards,
Jan