Re: More info on PR/9711 (quadratic slowdown for deep stack traces)

> I suppose we could immediately flush the extra frames when the setting
> changes to "off", but on the other hand, I think that the right thing
> to do in frame_find_by_id is to call get_prev_frame_1 anyway. I will
> test that next.

Just for the record, this turned out to be a bad idea.  In the case
when the previous frames had not been computed, we might end up
trying to unwind past main.  This causes a few regressions in one
of gdb.mi testcases. I didn't investigate precisely what was happening
since the suggestion became pretty much irrelevant when I implemented
the cache. See:
   http://www.sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2009-09/msg00085.html

--
Joel